SHAKEN/STIR Robocall Summit - July 11 2019 at FCC

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Tue Jul 9 01:46:14 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 July, 2019 19:28, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

>On 7/8/19 6:24 PM, Keith Medcalf wrote:

>> You are the only person who has mentioned reverse DNS lookups.

>I'm only trying to guess what enlightens your misinformed world.

You claimed that the "root problem" was not knowing who the originator was.

I claimed that you ALWAYS must know who the originator is -- they are at the other end of the connection.

You want to do a "reverse DNS lookup" for some reason.

I still do not understand how doing a "reverse DNS lookup" will help with the identity at the other end of the connection, since you already have to know that identity in order to perform a reverse DNS lookup...