QoS for Office365

cyrus ramirez ramirezcyrus at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 00:41:50 UTC 2019

Implement Quality of Service in Microsoft Teams

|   |    |

|   |
Implement Quality of Service in Microsoft Teams

Prepare your organization's network for Quality of Service (QoS) in Microsoft Teams.
  |   |

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM, Mark Tinka<mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

On 8/Jul/19 18:18, Jared Mauch wrote:

> Add bandwidth?
>
> QoS is a great tool when you’re constrained and must classify your critical traffic, but it’s not a substitute of getting enough capacity to offices.
>
> I have only applied QoS to voice traffic to ensure it gets through, the rest you need to budget for the bandwidth needs of the site.  The price of bandwidth likely isn’t insane in your market, but your budget may be.. I’ve found that most places won’t quote you a service for less than $1500 USD MRC.  I know you can get the incumbents to often deliver 1G service for $2k/mo in the US (and possibly cheaper).
>
> I’ve found a lot of people are still stuck in TDM mentality instead of just getting a 1G/10G service.

In some cases, the motivation for these requirements is fueled by trying
to outsmart your competitors.

I just don't know of a reliable, contractual way that you can use QoS to
say your DIA or IP Transit service is better than that of your competitor.

Mark.