QoS for Office365

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jul 8 16:40:22 UTC 2019

On 2/Jul/19 23:18, Joe Yabuki wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How do you deal with QoS for Office365, since the IPs are subject to
> changes ?
>
> How can we mark the trafic while keeping the security (I fear the
> marking based on TCP/UDP Ports since they are not without an
> additional risk coming from worms/virus using those ports for example,
> and doing that directly on the PCs doesn't seem to be the best solution) ?

Funny, I was just answering an internal question about this, last week.

As with all things Internet, my stance is if you don't have end-to-end
control, trying to do QoS is pointless.

That said, I believe it should be possible to apply some kind of
meaningful, end-to-end QoS together with Microsoft if you took up one of
their Express Route services, given that is considered a private,
premium service.

Mark.