Uhaul not routing IPs

Michael Crapse michael at wi-fiber.io
Sat Jul 6 01:57:00 UTC 2019

 I do not know what this issue is, I am not uhaul. The server does not
respond to pings/requests. It one way routes to their subnet via traceroute
and just drops off after that. 95% of the time it is a firewall setting,
the other 5% of the time it is a bgp issue on their edge routers, not being
able to reply to our packets being sent(one way routing issue).
We have a list of other little services that have the same problem, but
because they are little, we can CGNAT all requests to their IP addresses
from known good addresses. I've just got to assume that there is some
common service that they all use that cause this problem. Assuming they
accept BGP with proper filters and have a semi-sane firewall, there
wouldn't be any issues as we don't do anything special with our BGP.