CloudFlare issues?

Francois Lecavalier Francois.Lecavalier at mindgeek.com
Thu Jul 4 18:46:46 UTC 2019

>> At this point in time I think the ideal deployment model is to perform
>> the validation within your administrative domain and run your own
>> validators.

>+1

We'll definitely look into this shortly.  I definitely don't want to leave a security measure in the end of a third party but with my team being so busy it was a quick temp fix.

> The larger challenge has been related to vendor implementation choices and bugs, particularly on ios-xe. Happy to go into more detail if anyone is interested.

We are on Juniper MX204's at the edge and they have been solid for the last 60 weeks - we ran into a long list of bugs on other platforms but not on these.

So I had about 4200 routes marked as invalid.  After looking at a sample of them it looks like most of them have a valid ROA with an improper mask length - so there is ultimately a route to these prefixes and at worse would result in "suboptimal" routing - or should I say: the remote network can't control its route propagation anymore.  In most case they are a stub networks with a single /24 reassigned from the upstream provider.  I have no traffic going directly to these networks and I don't expect any to go there anytime soon.

It's been close to 3 hours now since I dropped them - radio silence.

Whoever fears implementing RPKI/ROA/ROV, simply don't.  It's very easy to implement, validate and troubleshoot.