CloudFlare issues?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jul 4 17:17:36 UTC 2019

On 4/Jul/19 17:50, Ben Maddison via NANOG wrote:

> We have been dropping Invalids since April, and have had only a
> (single-digit) handful of support requests related to those becoming
> unreachable.

We've had 2 cases where customers could not reach a prefix. Both were
mistakes (as we've found most Invalid routes to be), which were promptly
fixed.

One of them was where a cloud provider decided to originate a longer
prefix on behalf of their content-producing customer, using their own AS
as opposed to the one the customer had used to create the ROA for the
covering block.

Mark.