CloudFlare issues?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jul 4 17:14:46 UTC 2019

On 4/Jul/19 17:33, Job Snijders wrote:

> At this point in time I think the ideal deployment model is to perform
> the validation within your administrative domain and run your own
> validators.

In essence, this is also my thought process.

I think Cloudflare are very well-intentioned in making it as painless as
possible to support other operators to get RPKI deployed (and more power
to them to going to such lengths to do so), but you have to determine
whether you are willing to let a service such as this run outside of our
domain.

Every year, someone asks me whether I'd be willing to outsource my route
reflector VNF's to AWS/Azure/e.t.c. My answer to that falls within the
realms of handling RPKI for your network :-).

Mark.