Ideas to products (Shark Tank(-ish) @ Austin)

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Mon Jul 1 13:42:23 UTC 2019

 Referencing our published presentation guidelines ,
https://nanog.org/participate/presentation-guidelines/ ( emphasis mine ) :

While it is not our goal to censor presentation content, *we do ask that
> speakers refrain from disclosing proprietary information, or using
> presentations as a platform to promote their place of employment*. As
> such, we ask that you adhere to our presentation guidelines. NANOG allows
> logos to be used in the following ways:

As described, I think it would be challenging to satisfy the bolded. By any
analysis, an investor pitch session would be both of these. Generally
speaking, aside from the time allotted at the start of the program for our
meeting sponsor, we try to keep the business out of the room.

That being said, there might be a way to modify this idea to better align
with the content goals we strive to achieve. The CFP is ( spoiler alert )
going out today, and the PC would be glad to have the submission and work
with you to see if a fit could be found.