DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Jan 31 21:19:12 UTC 2019

TIMEOUT is TIMEOUT.  The whole point of flag day is that you can’t
tell whether TIMEOUT is broken routing, packet loss or badly configured
firewall.  The DNS flag day site assumes the latter as does the old
resolver code.  We are moving to a state where resolvers assume the
former.

You get a report with Red or Orange.  Red reports have things which
need to be fixed NOW be it a routing issue or packet loss or a badly
configured firewall.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC