DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Jan 31 14:31:57 UTC 2019

> On 1 Feb 2019, at 1:21 am, Stephen Satchell <list at satchell.net> wrote:
>
> After reading through the thread, this reminds me of the Y2K flap, that
> turned into a non-event.  My checks of authoritative DNS servers for my
> domains show no issues now.

As did I, but if we didn’t try and give lots of notice people would have complained.

That said a lot of servers have been fixed that where not fully compliant and firewalls
that unnecessarily blocked well formed EDNS packets with one or more of the extension mechanism present have been turned off.  The authoritative DNS server space is much cleaner now and we
the data to show it.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC