Calling LinkedIn, Amazon and Akamai @ DE-CIX NY

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Jan 31 14:22:21 UTC 2019

A prefix is a prefix. A route is a prefix plus a next-hop. Your next hop for your PNI is different than your IX.

I don't believe I advocated running IX links hot. Financially, as an IX operator, I'd prefer that people ran all their bits over an IX and that all links were best kept below 10% utilization. ;-) Obviously I know that's not good engineering or fiscally responsible on the network's behalf. Just going to the extreme to support my point.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com