Calling LinkedIn, Amazon and Akamai @ DE-CIX NY

Thomas King thomas.king at de-cix.net
Thu Jan 31 07:51:47 UTC 2019

Hi Ren et al.,

Thanks for pointing out that some peers do not use the route servers. This group can be subdivided in a group of peers not sending any IP prefixes to the route servers while maintaining a route server BGP session, and a group of peers not even connecting to the route server. The latter do not show up in the "BGP session established" section even if they have applied the required IPv4 changes.

Best regards,
Thomas

On 31.01.19, 02:32, "valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu" <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:55:40 +0000, "i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt" said:

    > Here: all networks that didn't already change their peering IP are not
    > yet connected to the updated route-server. Some networks are not
    > connected to any route-server. Therefore, those networks did not yet
    > change their peering IP.
    >
    > I think you can see what's wrong with that statement.. it does not
    > follow. That has nothing to do with peering department resources, but
    > everything to do with the chosen peering strategy.

    Under what conditions would somebody be present at the exchange and
    not talking to the route server *at all* before the IP change?