DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Jan 31 02:23:15 UTC 2019

You do realise that when the day was chosen it was just the date after which new versions of name servers by the original group of Open Source DNS developers would not have the work arounds incorporated?

For ISC that will be BIND 9.14.0 and no that will not be available Feb 1 but you can use the development version 9.13 which has had the code for a while now.

Individual operators of resolvers will make their own decisions about when to deploy.
--
Mark Andrews