BGP Experiment

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Mon Jan 28 11:14:48 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 01:21:56PM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> On 1/26/19 6:37 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
> > to nick's point.  as nick knows, i am a naggumite; one of my few
> > disagreements with dr postel.  but there is a difference between
> > writing protocol specs/code, and with sending packets on the global
> > internet.  rigor in the former, prudence in the latter.
> >
> OK, Randy, you peaked my interest: what is a naggumite?
>
> Many of us disagreed with Jon Postel from time to time, but he
> usually understood the alternative points of view.

I fondly recall that Erik could be quite acerbic, as I think is
well exemplified by this:

   "If I had to deal with you professionally, I would have told you
   to hold the onions and give me large fries."   - Erik Naggum

Unfortunately, I don't recall to whom he said that; I suppose I am
lucky that it wasn't me.
	- Brian