Quick Script to check the uptime of ASR920's

Laurent Dumont laurentfdumont at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 01:06:41 UTC 2019

It's worth mentioning that's it's not limited to just the cosmetic issue of
interface counters/snmp counters.

- I've had multiple instances of 920 interfaces getting stuck in their
previous operational state. Unplugging-replugging/shut/no-shut doesn't
change anything.
- The 920 fails to process traffic towards very specific IPs. That one is a
pain to debug. You can reach the IP directly from the device but flows
through the device are just dropped (also saw the same behavior on 903 with
RSP3)
- ARP under a BDI show up and are re-learned after a clear but traffic
towards those IP do not work through or sourced from the 920.
- One 920 started to show the above described symptoms, was rebooted and
failed to back up. ISIS went up, cannot ping any of the P2P.

That said, uptime should definitely be monitored through your central
NMS-flavor system. ;)