BGP Experiment

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Jan 24 16:24:25 UTC 2019

To be frank,
Have blasted packets at the platforms from ixias and sipernts to see if they
break gracefully, loaded millions of routes and thousands of VRF and BGP
sessions to see what happens, even designed the backbones with separate
Internet and VPN RRs, and enabled enhanced error handling, but have I ever
sat down and generated BGP packets with slight deviations to see how the BGP
session, process or whole RPD copes with these?
I've got to say no, never.
And judging from the overly positive (or even negative) responses to the BGP
Experiment I'm not alone in this.
Otherwise everyone would be like, nah I don't care as I have all my bases
covered and I know how my BGP behaves processing exceptions.

adam