DWDM 10ms failover

David Williams david.williams at coop.org
Wed Jan 23 13:42:29 UTC 2019

I'm looking for some real world feedback on 10ms DWDM failover times from Omaha to Denver on 10Gbps transmission waves.  I have seen several documents that report 10 ms failure detection time but I suspect the failover mechanism takes some time to react and propagate the failed state across multiple nodes in what is probably at least 600 mile cable routes with multiple nodes along the way.  Is that kind of performance something we could realistically expect?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the designated recipient. Any other use of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.