Contact for BART

Scott Christopher sc at ottie.org
Sun Jan 20 09:52:16 UTC 2019

No :)

BART is Bay Area Rapid Transit, a public transportation system with its
own bureaucracy and publicly elected board.
Caltrans is a separate State bureaucracy, though it has a big office in
the city of Oakland near BART Headquarters.
And then there is Caltrain which is the commuter rail that runs down the
peninsula. That organization has its own bureaucracy and board, too.
Lesson to be learned: don't use obscure acronyms unknown outside a small
geographical region :)
Owen DeLong wrote:

> You’ll have more luck finding California Dept. of Transportation if
> you call them “CalTrans” which is what they call themselves.>
> Owen
>

>> On Jan 18, 2019, at 17:27 , Ben Cannon <ben at 6by7.net> wrote:
>>
>> HAH. Apologies for copying the list.  But I think we all needed a
>> good Friday laugh.>>
>> Making it relevant again, also looking for a good contact within
>> CALDOT (California Dept of Transportation) and the joint bridge
>> authority for the Bay Bridge in San Francisco.>>
>> Have a good weekend all :)
>>
>> -Ben Cannon

>>> Now you've said enough that if the person you're looking for is here
>>> he'll have some idea you mean him.>>>

>>> Inappropriate abbreviation. I mean sure, why not a NANOG Friday
>>> Fight Club, but why would you want to get in a ROW (noisy argument)
>>> with BART Simpson?>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bill Herrin
>>>
>>> --