Call for Nominees NANOG Program Committee

L Sean Kennedy liam at fedney.org
Thu Jan 17 12:17:59 UTC 2019

Dear NANOG Community,

Nominations <https://www.nanog.org/elections/2018/CommitteeNominations> are
now open for the NANOG Program Committee
<http://nanog.org/elections/2017/PCcandidates>!

The volunteers on the committee are responsible to develop and select
content to program each of the three yearly NANOG conferences and other
events. The Program Committee is a highly skilled, dedicated and diverse
team of people who strive to improve the NANOG organization and make our
industry, as a whole, better.  Specific committee member responsibilities
are listed here
<https://www.nanog.org/governance/pgm/member_responsibilities> and
appointments are to 2 year terms, except when appointed to complete a
retiring members term.

Committee nominations will close at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 19,
2019. The NANOG Board of Directors will make appointments on February 20,
2019. Emails detailing the selection results will be sent to candidates
shortly thereafter, and a full announcement will be sent to the
nanog-announce distribution list during the following week.

Volunteer participation by members on NANOG committees is part of the
essential fabric of the NANOG organization.  PC members have developed new
NANOG programs such as the Hackathon, proposed changes such as providing a
meeting maker tool and having a forum to discuss the experiences of women
in our industry, and meeting after meeting develop unique programs
showcasing the state of Network Operations.

Please consider running for the Program Committee if you are passionate
about NANOG and can commit to participating!  If you know someone that you
believe would be interested, please nominate them. The nomination form
<https://www.nanog.org/elections/2018/PCnominationform> accepts either self
or 3rd party nominations.  Myself and the other board members are available
to discuss this opportunity, so do not hesitate to reach out to us if you
are interested and want to learn more.

As always, our dedicated professional staff stands ready to answer your
questions at operations at nanog.org.

Finally, I’d like to extend my best wishes to each of you for a happy and
healthy 2019. I look forward to seeing you on February 18 in San Francisco
for NANOG 75
<http://www.cvent.com/events/nanog-75/event-summary-948222eca5834bc2b7a679399063e724.aspx>
.

Thanks,