the e-mail of the future is the e-mail oft the past, was Enough port 26 talk...

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Jan 14 18:49:06 UTC 2019

> And you won't really have a choice because unless you're willing to go
> full Ted Kaczynski one in a hundred of those emails will be very, very
> important to you ...

Yeah.  E-mail remains the only scheme where the two parties
don't have to be introduced first, don't have to be online at the same
time, and you can check for it in one place (if you want to, or you can
sort and file to your heart's content.)

I've stopped being surprised that enthusiasts who tell me that the IM or
online conferencing silver bullet du jour will kill e-mail never
understand this.

R's,
John