plaintext email?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:12:34 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> >> People use plain-text e-mail on purpose?
> > Yes.
>
> only if you want other people to be able to read it

Isn't the underlying assumption with non-plaintext that: "I know what will
work better for you than you do"
(comic-sans, colors, contrasting...) Don't email users configure their
client to display such that it helps them process mail more easily? why
would you force your ideas of contrast/color-blindness/etc on other folks?
:( There are several folk I refuse mail from at this point because they
just don't get "I can't see your html email".

oh well... I suppose procmail does exist for a reason.
-chris