SMTP Over TLS on Port 26 - Implicit TLS Proposal [Feedback Request]

Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan giri at dombox.org
Mon Jan 14 16:02:55 UTC 2019

Hello Robert,

Yes that was pointed out to me in the IETF. That's why I mentioned this
part in this thread.

"But guys in the IETF mailing list actually showed me a way to get that
info. You just get the IP address from 3 way handshake and do reverse
lookup / Connect to port 26 to fill the rest of the info. So a new port
doesn't offer much security. And I totally I agree with them on that from
my understanding of it."

--
Best Regards,

Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan