SMTP Over TLS on Port 26 - Implicit TLS Proposal [Feedback Request]

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Mon Jan 14 15:58:11 UTC 2019

On 1/11/19 11:15 PM, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:
> e.g. 220 mail.ashleymadison.com <http://mail.ashleymadison.com>
> AshleyMadison ESMTP Service Ready
>
> Those text will always be transferred in plain text. So I thought
> Implicit TLS would prevent leaking that info.

I'm not really sure how that really matters when anyone on the open
internet could connect to that service port and get the information anyway.

If I'm in the middle and I really want to know who you're talking to,
what prevents me to just connect to that host and get the same information?

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net