(Netflix/GlobalConnect a/s) Scheduled Open Connect Appliance upgrade is starting

Bryce Wilson bryce at thenetworknerds.ca
Sun Jan 13 22:49:31 UTC 2019

I’m fine with HTML emails to some extent (mainly the inclusion of clickable links) but I am not a fan of formatting.

Not to name any names, but there are a few people on this list that for whatever reason use different fonts or sizes. I like having all of my text the same size because I can then use the features built into my email client to change the size as I need for my eyes and the screen I am using. I am also able to change the font when the email does not already specify one. More importantly, what is the need to use a different font in your emails? One of the people that I converse with outside of this list uses a cursive font which is also in a different color. It’s very hard to read and I see no need for it at all.

The final reason that I dislike some HTML emails is because my email reader has a dark mode which is much more easy on the eyes. Some formatting, though I am unsure what (it appears to me imbedded images), causes the email to display with a white background instead of the dark gray that normally shows. This is both not nice to look at and out of place with the other emails.

While I don’t use a plain text email reader myself, I know that they are still commonly in use and have their place. One example of where I personally use one is on a terminal where I am automatically sending emails to interact with some email based systems.

Thanks ~ Bryce Wilson, AS202313, EVIX, AS137933/AS209762