(Netflix/GlobalConnect a/s) Scheduled Open Connect Appliance upgrade is starting

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Jan 13 20:11:34 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:55:54 +0100, Christoffer Hansen said:

> (*it is frustrating when content parity between HTML and PLAINTEXT
> sections is e-mails is inconsistent. :/ )

Back when we were designing MIME,  somebody (Vernon Schryver?) stated
that multipart/alternative with text/plain and text/html was *always* incorrect.

If the two parts are semantically equal, then one is superfluous and doesn't
need to be sent. (Remember bandwidth costs in 1992...)

If the two parts aren't semantically equal, then one part is deficient at best
and actively misleading at worst, and should not be sent.