Re: Dnssec still inoperable on the internet ?— was ARIN NS down?

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:33:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, Ca By wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the update that dnssec STILL causes more real world problems
> > than it solves.
>
> Do you feel the same way about RPKI?

Misorgination is a real threat we see all the time (threat on uptime, if
not more)

That said, i think history has shown we get more kilometers out of good
 BGP policy control hygiene and IRR data than RPKI.  I don’t think that
will change in the future. I do wish irr data was better, for many values
of better.

My routes are rpki signed. But, my router kit and ops procedure don’t make
me enforcing near-term achievable.