BGP Experiment

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Jan 9 23:41:55 UTC 2019

> Töma Gavrichenkov
> Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:08 PM
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 10:03 PM Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> > Finding forwarding issues indeed is harder due to the limited access
> > to devices, so bit of security through obscurity I guess.
>
> Or, rather, security by complexity. Today's network infrastructure is complex
> enough for people to dive into it, looking for all the underlying issues. Right, it
> still saves us the day, though today's Web JS frontend is also quite complex
> but it's of no help.

I don't know about that,
All modern NPUs are based on the models well explained to the sufficient level in Stanford lectures and other materials which you can download freely.
Once you learn how an ideal routing system architecture should look like you can start discovering flaws in the vendor NPU blueprints.
But the best fun is to put IXIA or Spirent in loop with your favourite carrier router.
What I'm trying to say is it's not that complex to find these routing system architecture shortcomings  - they will come out of the basic platform testing.

adam