BGP Experiment

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:37:36 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 9:31 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> So if I understand you correctly, your statement is that everyone
> should be (potentially) rebooting every core, backbone, edge,
> and other router at least once or twice a week…

Nope, this is a misunderstanding. One has to *check* for advisories at
least once or twice a week and only update (and reboot is necessary)
if there *is* a vulnerability.

Checking is quite different from, actually, updating. What you may
want to encourage your competition to do is to deploy a piece of
software which actually *gets* a severe CVE twice in a week; that will
certainly bring you a bunch of new customers.

--
Töma