DNS Hijacking? - FiOS Northeast

Chris Kimball CKimball at misalliance.com
Wed Jan 9 18:31:07 UTC 2019

FWIW Looks to be OpenDNS IP https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227986927-What-are-the-Cisco-Umbrella-Block-Page-IP-Addresses-

It’s being abused… https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/146.112.61.106

From: NANOG <nanog-bounces at nanog.org> On Behalf Of Blake Mckeeby
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:43 PM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: DNS Hijacking? - FiOS Northeast

We are seeing DNS requests for A and AAAA to 8.8.8.8 come back with erroneous replies resolving to 146.112.61.106 when sent via FiOS circuits in the northeast. Anyone else seeing issues with DNS on FiOS in Northeast? Issue started around 12:25 AM ET this morning and seems to be affecting customers in PA, RI, etc..

--
Sincerely,
Blake McKeeby

The information contained in this electronic message may be confidential, and the message is for the use of intended recipients only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, copy, or disclose this communication or its contents. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me by replying to the email or call MIS Alliance at 617-500-1700 and permanently delete this communication.