Changing upstream providers, opinions/thoughts on 123.net and cogent

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Jan 8 14:52:40 UTC 2019

I’ve never heard of 123

I’ve used Cogent for several years now…

Price was good

10 gig link… for a few years

20 gig (2) 10 gigs lagged… for a year or so…

100 gig link for past few months…

The support is quick and easy to deal with.

DDOS RTBH is nice quick and easy (but different than other SP’s with communities…. Cogent ddos rtbh is a separate bgp neighbor session)… I like it

IPv6 has issues with Google and HE I think still….been years now.

Attacks come as often through cogent as any of my sp’s, but probably more on cogent than others…. Telia is catching up.

-Aaron