IP Dslams

Rob Pickering rob at pickering.org
Fri Jan 4 15:37:49 UTC 2019

Just a thought, would a two wire Ethernet extender technology (eg
Phybridge) provide you with a simpler solution?  xDSL needs a lot of
infrastructure for a low port count (& budget) application.

I have no idea if you can split the baseband out to provide POTS over the
same pair, but even if you can't, Ethernet plus a VoIP phone or ATA to each
unit may end up cheaper than a shed load of carrier oriented xDSL infra?

Rob Pickering, rob at pickering.org