Service Provider NetFlow Collectors

H I Baysal hibaysal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:05:12 UTC 2019

Hi Saku,

aggregate [DSTAS]: label, dst_as, peer_dst_as, out_iface

aggregate [SRCAS]: label, src_as, peer_src_as, in_iface

aggregate[IP]: label, dst_as, src_host, out_iface, in_iface

And a script goes over this output to relate ifindex to ifalias from
also influxdb SNMP counter DB (where the ifalias is stored) ( script has
to be smart to know which port flows to store, as in edge ports for
hosters for example cause you wouldnt want ibgp flow info in your DST AS
database)

I'm attaching only the graph for IP aggregate series. And Cpu never goes
above 30%.

As i said, per IP, per iface, per dst As information stored, cant get
more pretties and betetr than this for a capacity manager :D

And if you add another tag adding a price per mbit to a carrier/port,
you can find out how much a single customer is costing you for network
usage based on per IP aggregation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to be "smart" with duration of your retention policy and
continuous queries though :D

(again, Thanks Paulo for PMACCT!!! )

( and as an addition, we have a telegram bot you send a message to like
"/dst as#",
and this pulls the graph from grafana, renders it and sends it to
telegram chat :D
I worked at a few Hosting companies, and I haven't seen anything like
this :D )

The idea is to put this whole thing on github but i need to make time
for that...
And "aint nobody got time for that" :P