How to choose a transport(terrestrial/subsea)

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Jan 2 17:50:54 UTC 2019

It's easier when you use carriers that provide usable network maps on their web site. Less guess work.

When I got a Windstream wave, I got a PDF that was the device CLLI and port number of each device in the path A - Z. Obviously they could change it without informing me of the new path, but I at least know at order it's different and can ask for details when there are outages or latency changes that indicate a change in path.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com