Auto-configuring IPv6 transition mechanisms on customer devices

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Wed Jan 2 11:54:56 UTC 2019

On 12/14/18 11:51 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> We use this to configure LW4o6 tunnels using DHCPv6. This is already
> present in OpenWrt via the MAP package. It supports both MAP-E and LW4o6.

So I guess you're deploying "RG" style CPE routers to your customers
that you've loaded OpenWRT onto?  How's the maintainability of that?
Any hardware recommendations?

The mechanisms mentioned in this thread are exactly what I'm looking
for, but I'm having trouble finding any COTS vendor support for them.
I'm sure if I wanted to buy 100k units, somebody would put out some
custom firmware for me, but as the network I'm doing this on is a brand
new startup in a somewhat sparsely populated area, I'd be buying dozens
at a time, not thousands.
--
Brandon Martin