CenturyLink RCA?

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 02:01:03 UTC 2019

On 12/31/18, Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf at dessus.com> wrote:
>> It could have been worse:
>>   https://www.cio.com.au/article/65115/all_systems_down/
>
> "Make network changes only between 2am and 5am on weekends."
>
> Wow.  Just wow.

yeah.  out of all the possible lessons they could have learned..

>  I suppose the IT types are considerably different than
> Process Operations.  Our rule is to only make changes scheduled at 09:00 (or
> no later than will permit a complete backout and restore by 15:00) Local
> Time on "Full Staff" day that is not immediately preceded or followed by a
> reduced staff day, holiday, or weekend-day.

Do you get paid differently based on time of day?  I used to be at a
place where they were drifting into a 'no changes until midnight' mode
except for one group; the rumor I heard was they got overtime pay
after 6PM which is why they got to do all their changes during the
day.

Lee