Question about ISP billing procedures

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Thu Feb 28 12:23:13 UTC 2019

As per our village lawyer and accountant ...

     Assuming

         95th percentile billing, sampling every 5 minutes.

     You'll need about 1.5days worth of 0 (~447 samples missing in a
row) to bork the curve...  and it goes the bith ways.

     If you're 5Gbps committed on a 10Gbps and you burst 10Gbs for 1.6
days, you pay for 10Gbps for that month.

     And yes that include the best effort to manage DDoS from both
part.  We're capitalist, but no one is from big pharma =D.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443