a quick survey about LLDP and similar

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 28 09:27:26 UTC 2019

The problem with your survey is that there’s no option to answer “it depends”.

Hard yes or no answers aren’t realistic to the questions you’re asking because the context,
security parameters, sensitivity, and other parameters about the network all factor into a
decision whether to run or not run such protocols.

There are some environments where the benefit and convenience is moderately high
and the risk is extremely low. There are other environments where the benefit is relatively
low, but the risks are significantly higher.

Owen