A Deep Dive on the Recent Widespread DNS Hijacking

Jacques Latour Jacques.Latour at cira.ca
Tue Feb 26 17:15:54 UTC 2019

DNSSEC should of never been part of the domain registration process, it was because we didn’t have the CDS/CDNSKEY channel to automated the DS maintenance and bootstrap. But if you keep DNSSEC maintenance outside the registrar control then it can be effective tool (amongst other) in identifying hijacks.  Taking away he ability of the bad actors to disable DNSSEC via registrar control panel.

This is what happens when you have all your eggs in one basket and you loose the keys to your kingdom.