A Deep Dive on the Recent Widespread DNS Hijacking

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Mon Feb 25 21:30:42 UTC 2019

Speaking of registrars vs registries - I've noticed some companies have
become their own registrar to improve their domain security (Cloudflare,
Google, etc.). Is that a feasible path for smaller organizations? How much
risk does that mitigate? It seems like it gives the organization control
over more of the domain registration, which allows them to manage things
better than a typical registrar might. But credentials can be compromised
in either case.

Does anyone have any experience with that setup?