A Deep Dive on the Recent Widespread DNS Hijacking

Paul Ebersman list-nanog2 at dragon.net
Mon Feb 25 17:25:25 UTC 2019

ebersman> If someone owns your registry account, you're screwed. And
ebersman> right now, it tends to be the most neglected part of the
ebersman> entire zone ownership world. Let's use this opportunity to
ebersman> help folks lock down their accounts, not muddying the waters
ebersman> with dubious claims.

Reread this and felt I should clarify that I realize that John and Doug
are not the ones saying DNSSEC is useless. I just hate to see the knee
jerk "oh, see, DNSSEC didn't save the day so it's obviously
useless". Let's give the world a better explanation.