A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Feb 22 22:05:07 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 11:42 AM <bzs at theworld.com> wrote:
> But when someone says to me spam isn't much of a problem because it's
> mostly blocked by local filtering (i.e., they don't see much spam in
> their inbox), usually in an attempt to shut down any discussion
> entirely, I know I'm hearing from someone who hasn't a clue what
> problems it causes operationally.

Hear hear. 99% of the email reaching my server is spam. That means I
need 100 times the server capacity to process mail than I would need
without spam. 100 times. Two orders of magnitude. I defy anyone to
tell me that's not an operational issue.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>