A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 14:53:07 UTC 2019

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 19:01:40 -0700, "Forrest Christian (List Account)"
<lists at packetflux.com> may have written:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM Matthew Black <Matthew.Black at csulb.edu>
> wrote:
> > Have you ever created a sendmail.cf without using M4?
>
> I still believe that sendmail is Alien technology.  How else can one
> explain sendmail.cf?    And although I can't say for sure that I

I always thought of sendmail.cf as a language for writing MTAs in. I did do
*bits* in sendmail.cf but switched to Exim before I got too damaged.

> sendmail.cf file which wasn't working as one would expect.   I'm also
> not 100% certain that m4 was even an option for the first sendmail

It wasn't a Sendmail 8 introduction perhaps?

--
Mike Meredith, University of Portsmouth
Chief Systems Engineer, Hostmaster, Security, and Timelord!