A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]...sendmail.cf

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Fri Feb 22 03:33:11 UTC 2019

On February 21, 2019 at 18:23 feldman at twincreeks.net (Steve Feldman) wrote:
 > On Feb 20, 2019, at 7:16 PM, bzs at theworld.com wrote:
 > >
 > > (Berknet was largly written by Eric Schmidt, as in the former Google CEO)
 >
 > I'm pretty sure that was Eric Allman, though I had the privilege of being a lowly Masters student at Berkeley while both Erics, along with Bill Joy and a host of other Internet pioneers, were there.

I don't have personal knowledge about this but the wikipedia page on
berknet credits Eric Schmidt:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berknet

and links to Eric Schmidt's master thesis on Berknet (postscript):

  http://web.mit.edu/daveg/Info/Links/doc/unix.manual.misc/berknet/berknet.PS

Eric Schmidt and Mike Lesk also wrote "lex", the unix lexical analyzer
program used primarily for compiler contruction, rewritten as 'flex'
(fast lex) on more modern systems.

--
        -Barry Shein