A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Mon Feb 18 17:00:29 UTC 2019

On 2/17/2019 11:58 PM, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:
> Just gone through all your replies.
>
> Literally everyone attacking me here. Could you tell me why?

Technical people like what you'd find on this list tend to want to get
right to the point on things.  If you want them to hear you out, you
can't hand them a 300 page 'white paper' and demand that they read it.

When presenting to technical, esp sysadmin and networking types, use the
RFCs as a template for how you should be presenting your idea to them.

It also helps to target your audience well - while most people here do
consider spam a serious problem, many of them are not in a position to
professionally do anything about it, or have the time to do anything
about it.

Your proper audience is Mailops and people like me (ie: former DNSbl
maintainers, postmasters, abuse desks).

Just going to come right out and say this too - your 'solution', no
matter how good you may think it is, depends on people paying you as a
service.

That means I have zero interest in it.  I have enough subscriptions and
payments I have to make for things which are much more important as it is.

Dare I bring up Spamhaus's .mail proposal and the shitshow that was?

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org