A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:18:32 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:05 PM Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan
<giri at dombox.org> wrote:

> These guys always are the know-it-all assholes. They don't listen. They don't want to listen.

I would simply like to remind everyone that NANOG is a Mailing list
that has some rules.
They could be found here:   https://www.nanog.org/list
I would like to request for the Communications Committee to look at
this thread,  except the list  of
NANOG Committee members seems to be secret -  https://nanog.org/governance/cc

The message I reply to seems to be a long string of major deviations
from AUP, specifically:

:  4.  Postings that are defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, or
include foul language,
:  character assassination, and lack of respect for other participants
are prohibited.

We get really tired about people bringing up disputes and personal
issues -- this is not the right place.
> Long story short.... I solved the email spam problem. Well... Actually I solved it long time back. I'm just ready to disclose it today. Again...

While you have some technical solution and some ideas that appear to
have merit such as  "Isolated
mailboxes"  (Isolated Mailboxes are not really a new idea -- but there
is currently no agreed
protocol/standard to make such function convenient enough for people to use);

Prompting e-mail senders to answer "CAPTCHA"  sounds too burdensome to
use;  This is also
not Spam-Free,   as  spammers will find ways to answer CAPTCHAs.

The overall claims to have "zero" spam or completely "solved" the spam
problem technically
are way too bold and are close to "Product Marketing" in my view,
since some Dombox dot com
service is being advertised.

Most Network Operators like those that subscribe to NANOG usually have
little to say about
technical details involved in developing standards regarding e-mail
protocols;  please see
IETF for on-topic discussion groups.

--
-JH