A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Feb 18 03:15:02 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> My name is Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan. I'm the guy who proposed SMTP over TLS on Port 26 last month.
> I'm also the guy who attacked (???) John Levine.
>
> Today I have something to show you.
>
> Long story short.... I solved the email spam problem. Well... Actually I solved it long time back. I'm
> just ready to disclose it today. Again...

Spam and email really aren't "on-topic" for NANOG.  That said, I was
intrigued, so I did get a several dozen pages into your white paper.

1) If you wrote that, you need to stop and hire/con someone else to do
    your tech writing.  To say your writing is atrocious does not do it
    justice.

2) The ideas look like they may have some merit, except that the average
    Internet/email user is neither capable of nor willing to manage domboxes
    for every entity from which they expect to receive transactional email.

I didn't get much further into the paper than this, because, as mentioned,
your writing style SUCKS and I'm not strapped into my poetry appreciation
chair, so you can't make me endure any more of it.

So, in summary, too complicated for my mom to use, and such a crappy
delivery of the idea that I can't imagine anyone will get through the
entire pitch (to tell you what the other flaws are).