BGP topological vs centralized route reflector

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Feb 14 15:02:07 UTC 2019

To not get off-topic too much, since you mentioned MX204, please tell me, do you know if it is a nice MPLS P/PE box ?  If so, is it quite capable in its ability to do L3 VPN's, L2 VPN's (l2circuit mainly, but also curious of vpls, evpn).

Actually I'm considering it as a router for my ENNI hand-offs to 3rd party neighboring networks where I hand-off vlans (double tagged) for various enterprise customers and cbh towers, etc.... then I would carry that probably in a l2circuit from that MX204 to the utter-most parts of my mpls cloud.  I would want to police at that subinterface (unit) level to limit traffic for obviously what they buy.

MX204 be good for that ?

Thanks Mark

-Aaron