Latency question - Juniper MX960 vs the Tellabs 8860

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Feb 13 17:53:14 UTC 2019

Hey Steve,

15us would be more than you'll realistically see in uncongested MX960,
but it is in the ball-bark. I've not tried Tellabs, if customer is
latency sensitive you probably want to look constant time pipeline
devices rather than run to completion npus. You'll see low single
digit us on typical box. Remember that 10us is just 2km of fibre (1km
of RTT).

--
  ++ytti