Last Mile Design

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Feb 10 14:05:17 UTC 2019

On 10/Feb/19 15:27, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> The general going rate for a 250/100 in Sweden is around 35EUR for the
> kind of service where you can then choose any ISP. Typically the
> first-mile provider takes the bulk of this money.
>
> In the cases where the proprty is on STOKAB fiber footprint (or
> equivalent) and you have a reasonably large MDU the landlord can
> contract an ISP to deliver ETTH to all apartments (typically CAT6 from
> switch in basement) where the going rate per apartment is around
> 5-15EUR a month for something like 100/100, 1G/100M or 1G/1G.

Which is what I know about having a mate that has a home in Stockholm.
So when Baldur mentioned that it was expensive, I was curious to
understand if we were talking about the same Sweden.

Fair point, my mate is on a Stokab-driven network, but EUR35 for 250Mbps
is nothing to laugh at. I'm paying double that for 100Mbps in
Johannesburg, on GPON.

Mark.