Last Mile Design

Chris Gross CGross at ninestarconnect.com
Fri Feb 8 22:44:28 UTC 2019

For a lot of us, PONs are a way of life and may not even have any 100G capable devices in our network, muchless enough to make our money on. While you may be so "lucky" to "never really take it seriously", it is supporting hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of homes in the US.

PON is the lifeblood if many rural communities. I'm luckily to have a healthy mix of PON and AE operations since I'm located next to cities. But I've met cooperatives in the middle of no where with super low density where it's 6 people + 2 donkeys on staff. AE would never work there, but PONs allow them cheap and available broadband options.

Unless someone wants to give enough funding to run AE to people's homes, PONs will continue to allow many communities to have more than cellular internet access options, if that.

This email has been sent from my phone. Please excuse any brevity, typos, or lack of formality.